cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using LMS to extract VRF name as a variable from device config to deploy VRF name in additional configuration

mdwheadon
Level 1
Level 1

Using LMS is there a way to run a job which would extract the VRF name in part of the configuration and then use it as a variable to deploy additional configuration using the VRF name. We have a number of management VRF's and need to deploy a mass configuration change on a number of devices.

aaa group server tacacs+ blah

server x.x.x.x

server x.x.x.x

ip vrf forwarding test

!

2 Replies 2

mdwheadon
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry I should have added the value I wanted to extract was called test to use it as part of new configuration.

From the below snipit.

aaa group server tacacs+ blah

server x.x.x.x

server x.x.x.x

ip vrf forwarding test

!

I am working for a service provider and I was given a task to configure more than 50000 devices (!). First I started with VBS and some scriptable terminal application, but it was too complicated to handle that much data. I then decided to develop my own application dedicated to device mass-configuration. As I understand your question, you may also find it useful : http://www.prettygoodterminal.com

BR 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: