cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UT on 4503

ocajica
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everybody, I have a little problem with user tracking on switch 4503 with IOS, doesn?t appear any registry about the pc?s conected to switch. have CM 4.0.4

I ckeck the Campus Manager Administration and on device discovery I see the device

C4503-IOS .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.503 10.2.16.2 10.2.16.2 Reachable

But on Data Collection Detail, i don?t see the device, I initialized both process but is the same.

so any idea about this ??

thanks and best regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

To debug this kind of Data Collection problem, you should enable core and corex debugging under Campus Data Collection > Debugging Options, then look in the ani.log for references to the missing device after running a full Data Collection.

A typical thing to check is to make sure the Data Collection range (if configured) includes this switch's IP address. Also, if you are integrated with ACS, make sure this switch is a TACACS+ client of the same ACS server, and it does not show up in the Common Services DCR "Devices Not In ACS" report.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

To debug this kind of Data Collection problem, you should enable core and corex debugging under Campus Data Collection > Debugging Options, then look in the ani.log for references to the missing device after running a full Data Collection.

A typical thing to check is to make sure the Data Collection range (if configured) includes this switch's IP address. Also, if you are integrated with ACS, make sure this switch is a TACACS+ client of the same ACS server, and it does not show up in the Common Services DCR "Devices Not In ACS" report.

OK I make about debuging and i get this file, but I don?t know wthat exactly means

You did not enable core or corex debugging. However, I do see:

2006/11/22 15:35:42 EvalTask-background-28 ani C4KIOSVladSMFGetDeviceDomain: rejecting domain ''

Which indicates that you have a VTP domain data collection filter, and a Cat4K device does not have a VTP domain configured, and thus it is dropped. However, without the debugging I asked for, I cannot say if this is your missing 4503.