cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What Is The Best Solutions for Switching LOOPS ?

davidsmith06832
Level 1
Level 1

We have normal cisco topology having 4 core 8 Dist and more than 500 Access switches.I have configure switches with storm broadcast,But is there any other way to avoid loops and to know quickly where it has originated.Any help on this would be great help.expecting a great solutions for it.

cinehubapk

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not sure how your toplogy looks, what model deployed in exiting environment, good to post some topolyg and explain where you see loops expected.

in general i suggest below document help to protect most case on edge switch mistakenly patch same swith different ports - causing loops

https://community.cisco.com/t5/networking-documents/spanning-tree-loop-troubleshooting-and-safeguards/ta-p/3115040

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Leonid Voronkin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

First of all please show us your topology. What equipment do you use?

"I have configure switches with storm broadcast,But is there any other way to avoid loops and to know quickly where it has originated."

I don't understand what exactly do you want. Storm control (if you talk about it) does not protect from loops. To avoid loops you should use xSTP family protocol for L2 design. Or you should change design to L3

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: