Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 5520 associated AP monitoring

sfarazaz123
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all members,

1 ) I need suggestions regarding how we can monitor the APs which are associated with WLC 5520. We are using Nagios for our daily monitoring.

2) Is there any other open source software available to perform the monitoring easily.

Thanks

2 Replies 2

I need to ask for the details next week because I'm not a nagios admin, but we have it..so we check the AP count against a value and when the AP is removed the get an alert and the name of the device. The WLC supports that via SNMP. But we have a timer that gives an alter only after 15 min to prevent alerts when there was just a reboot or a small wan issue on bad links where wireless traffic has no priority.

marce1000
VIP
VIP

I use the following nagios-config entry for the wl-controller to monitor the AP's;

define service{
      use generic-service
      host_name wl_controller
      service_description Wireless access points online - expecting xxxx
      normal_check_interval 240
      max_check_attempts 20
      check_command check_snmp!-C snmp-community -o enterprises.9.9.618.1.8.4.0 -m SNMPv2-SMI-v1 -r xxxx
}

Subsitute xxxx, by the number of ap's which are online or expected to be associated with

the controller.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '