Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

working with remote provisionin of Cisco XE routers

We are deploying from the Cisco ISR, 1111, 4451, ASR1001X  as CPEs' on customer locations.

We have historicly been preconfiguring these routers before they are sent out with a setup so that they
are reachable, primarly ip adress.
We have at the same time deployed Huawei ATN910, NE40 routers and are very pleased that we do not have to do that, where we can use the "pnp" function to get ip address to that router for reachability.

Setting up a preconfiguration is involving having to pack up the routers when received from Cisco, and this is a huge cost and is taking a lot of resources to to. So, I started to look at if there is a posibility to use a similar function with these (since they support pnp also) to do the same.

But, to my suprice I asked for a factory default router (cisco 1111-8p) sent to me, and I see that G0/0/0 is in admin down (the optical interface). Is this right? How do cisco expect pnp to function with these interfaces in shutdown. 
Both G0/0/0 and G0/0/1 was in admin down, but the switch matrix was not

Then, running a "write erase" is setting all ports in shutdown, so then any kind of refurbishment is also out the window.

I am looking for solution. 
how can I get the pnp, to use the DHCP client function to function on optical interfaces (if these are suppose to be up)?
or do PNP function differently on Cisco ISR than ex Huawei's ATN and NE ranges?

Any help pointing me in a direction here is apprechiated :)

JP

0 Replies 0