Views
Helpful
Replies

2 diff problem in my IPS: IPS-4255-K9

nehal_akther
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have 2 problem in IPS-4255-K9. my network has 2 device of IPS-4255-K9 and each have different problem

Problem no 1:

My  IPS-4255-K9 after running for 1 hour or less than that starts to hang and all the traffic is blocked as it is inline mode.

Problem no 2:

My second IPS-4255-K9 after upgrading to 7.0 2 e4 engine from 6.0(5)E3 is working fine but have the problem in Sensor health. It does not change to yellow or red even after p2p bit torrent activity which is tracked in events status and it used to change before the upgrade. even for new signature update it not going to yellow. Any expect suggestion.

Nehal

CCSP,CCNP,AIS,Qualys Certified.

2 Replies 2

Scott Fringer
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

For your first issue, it would be best to open a service request with TAC so review of the output of a 'sh tech' command may be performed.

For your second issue, I am guessing that you are referring to "Network Security Health" and not "Senor Health".  If you click the details link next to the "Network Security Health" dial, does it indicate there have been any red or yellow threats in the last five minutes?

Scott

the first problem has been resolved by changing the IPS

Regarding the second problem still we are facing the same old problem, we have already checked the network security health, we cannot see any threshold activity like red, yellow or green.

Note : we do not have any problem with sensor health activity regarding the signature update after 30 days it automatically goes to yellow in case we do not update the signature manually.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card