Views
Helpful
Replies

4120 ASA Throughput

WiLL-I-Am
Level 1
Level 1

image.png

Can you help me with this chart, what portion of the Appliance are they referring to by NGFW(next generation firewall), by NGFW I guess they mean FTD

So I mounted an ASA 9.12.3.12 on top of the FXOS(supervisor) 2.8(1.125), If I don't use the FTD or and deep packet inspection or URL filtering, can I get 60Gb throughput?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi @WiLL-I-Am 

If you intend on running ASA code on the FPR4120 then yes you'd get 60Gbps firewall throughput. If you run FTD code without NGFW features, then you get 60Gbps aswell.

FYI, you are referencing the wrong table for ASA capabilities, see "Table 2 - ASA performance and capabilities" further down the datasheet page...though the performance is still the same in this instance.

HTH

View solution in original post

I doubt it, I'd imagine 30Gbps approx if you are statefully inspecting multiple protocols.

asa.PNG

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hi @WiLL-I-Am 

If you intend on running ASA code on the FPR4120 then yes you'd get 60Gbps firewall throughput. If you run FTD code without NGFW features, then you get 60Gbps aswell.

FYI, you are referencing the wrong table for ASA capabilities, see "Table 2 - ASA performance and capabilities" further down the datasheet page...though the performance is still the same in this instance.

HTH

Thanks

Can I do some levels of L7 inspection with just the ASA code and still get the same throughput?

I doubt it, I'd imagine 30Gbps approx if you are statefully inspecting multiple protocols.

asa.PNG

so if I just inspect the torrent traffic we're good.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card