cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

501 trouble

LLueken1985
Level 1
Level 1

i have a pix 501 that i cannot get working properly.

i plug in the cables and console as directed and it will show that I am connected to the internet but I do not have access to the internet.   I have no idea what is wrong. we used it in one of my classes this last semester so I know it can function.

Any ideas would be very appreciated

Thanks alot

3 Replies 3

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please share the current configuration to see what might be the issue.

I am not even able to open cmd line.   I have a calbe modem that the firewall connects to, from there i have the firewall connected to a router and from there i have my pcs and printer attached. the link light is on and is stable,but i am not able to do anything else at all. I had missed a few days due to some family concerns. I am just starting out and i really just want to start getting practice using it as far as setting up security perameters. I jus cannot figure out if i have a cable issue or what else it may be.  sis there a place where i can find a video tutorial to set all of this up?

If you haven't configured the PIX at all, then you won't be able to connect to the Internet as by default there is no configuration on the PIX.

Please console to the PIX to get into the command prompt.

Here is a sample configuration for your reference:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_configuration_example09186a0080094767.shtml

Also, you might need to check what version of software your PIX is currently running.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card