cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

A TCP packet was rejected because it has an invalid sequence number or an invalid acknowledgement number.

Kevin_27C
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

We have installd cisco ASA 5540 along with AIP-SSM-40 Module as our perimeter device. I was troubleshootig an Microsoft ISA proxy server issue when i found this error message occuring frequently

A TCP packet was rejected because it has an invalid sequence number or an invalid acknowledgement number.

I could see that these error messages appear in the external NIC of my ISA server ( with a private IP) installed inside the LAN. What i want to understand is how to block this message from appearing at the cisco ASA perimeter level. Any help here would be highly appreciated.

1 Reply 1

Joe Doran
Level 1
Level 1

The log output contains a logging message identifier. You can turn off the individual log message, but I would take reservation in doing so. I would try to make the traffic that is causing the message stop if possible so that if a similar situation happens in the future you get log messages about it.

%ASA-6-XXXXXX <--XXXXXX is the logging message id.

Disable it by:

no logging message XXXXXX

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card