Views
Helpful
Replies

about ASA IOS License

denaumcisco
Level 1
Level 1

Good morning folks,

I have 2 ASA 5550 here, and one have a license with 5000 IPsec vpn / 5000 WebVPN

and another with 5000 / 2

Because of that, I cant configure them with failover active/stanby because they complain about the diferents licenses

What is the Part Number of the firts license (5000 IPSec VPN / 5000 WebVPN) ?

Can I do a downgrade  in the first ASA ?

tks in advanced

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Please mark it answered for others to refer in future.

Regards,
Chirag

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

csaxena
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Yes, you can download the ASA activation key. If you would like the failover to work, temporarily you would need to downgrade the webvpn license from 5000 user license back to the default of 2 user license.

To downgrade, you would need to send an email to licensing@cisco.com requesting the same. I would suggest that you send them the output of  show version from the ASA that you would like to downgrade the 5000 users  to default 2 users license and explaining that you would like to get the  downgraded activation key.

FYI :

- For pre-8.3 ASA code : For failover to work, both ASA needs to have exactly the same  hardware, software and license. If 1 ASA has X webvpn user license, the  other ASA also needs to have X webvpn user license.

- For 8.3 & above codes : You do  not need to have the same license for failover to work.

So either downgrade the license or upgrade the firewall. Please note, upgrade to 8.3 will involve change in NAT styles and other config changes.Refer to command reference, min. req. & release notes prioir to upgrade.

Hope this helps. Please reply back if you need any further assistance.

Regards,
Chirag
P.S.: Please mark this thread as answered if you feel your query is answered. Do rate helpful posts.

Is there another way without involve Cisco ?

Because my client boght the licenses 2 years ago outside Brazil, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't

support or something like that

tks

Hello,

i am not sure if there is no contract. You  will need contract to dwonload software for optoin 2 and TAC contract to open a TAC case. Please drop in an mail at licensing@cisco.com to check for further possibilities. I doubt without a contract if they can help but no harm in trying.

Regards,
Chirag

Please mark it answered for others to refer in future.

Regards,
Chirag

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card