cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Access PIX 501

mikesievers
Level 1
Level 1

I can't access the PIX 501 from my laptop but can from another office computer. The message I get is "The hostname in the server security certificate does not match the name of the server" and at the bottom of the window I see "exception: java security.Access Control Exception: access deined (java.util.PropertyPermission java.version)"

2 Replies 2

Patrick Iseli
Level 7
Level 7

1.) The "The hostname in the server security certificate does not match the name of the server" messages is normal because you do not use a Certificate Authority with a valid Certificate for SSL. You have self signet local certificate.

Just click on OK and ignore that messages.

2.) exception: java security.Access Control Exception: access deined (java.util.Property Permission java.version)" sounds like you have the old version of PDM which is not able to use JRE 1,5x version.

You have the choice to downgrade to JRE 1.4.2x or to upgarde your PIX PDM and PIX OS version.

sincerely

Patrick

fzamora
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please check this out, this will resolve your problem:

Field Notice: PIX, FWSM and IPS Device Managers Incompatability with Java Plug-In Versions 1.4.2_08 and 1.5.0_02

Reference

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps4077/products_field_notice09186a008046c805.shtml

Franco Zamora

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card