cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

active/standyby failover with preempt in single context mode

vinod.mali
Level 1
Level 1

I have configured asa 5540 with failover  it is in single context and routed mode.Now i want to configure preempt in failover config so that my active firewall should again regain its active status when things become normal after failover.I am aware it works in active/active mode just need to find if any workaround.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

vinod.mali@orange-ftgroup.com

I have configured asa 5540 with failover  it is in single context and routed mode.Now i want to configure preempt in failover config so that my active firewall should again regain its active status when things become normal after failover.

I'm afraid you can't do this with active/standby. Preempt in failover is only available in active/active or muticontext mode.

Jon

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

vinod.mali@orange-ftgroup.com

I have configured asa 5540 with failover  it is in single context and routed mode.Now i want to configure preempt in failover config so that my active firewall should again regain its active status when things become normal after failover.

I'm afraid you can't do this with active/standby. Preempt in failover is only available in active/active or muticontext mode.

Jon

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card