cancel
查看次数
有帮助
回复

Adding extra DHCP options to VPN address pool

vbutler
Level 1
Level 1

I am using an ASA 5510 which I have configured for VPN remote access. Currently it has a local address pool assigned to users with additional options in the Group Policy to configure the DNS servers and default domain. I need to configure additional DHCP options, specifically 78 and 79 for SLP settings to use with our Novell network.

I suppose I could configure the ASA to relay VPN client DHCP requests to an internal DHCP server (which has the options configured) but I can't find clear docs on setting that up.

Can anyone assist?

2 条回复2

Hi person,

You can use the ASA as a DHCP relay, and the configuration is very simple. You must define the IP address of the your DHCP server and enable the relay on the interface. Other parameters are optional.

Although you can use the relay, my recomendation is configure the DHCP server in the ASA, to use a diferent pool for VPN, instead use the same of your internal network.

For this case, there are several options to configure, like pool, lease time, dns, wins, and so on.

The detailed description of all statements and the complete available commands you can see at this link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/security/asa/asa72/configuration/guide/dhcp.html#wp1058874

Regards,

BHS

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card