cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

adding license to ASA module in the FMC

Michael ONeil
Level 1
Level 1

I have a pair of 555X in HA mode. Each have SFR modules. I have a Virtual FMC. I added 2 URL Filtering and 2 Malware licenses and the protection license into the FMC. I have added the modules into FMC. 

I can't seem to allocate a URL license or Malware license to the modules. The licenses are grayed out under Devices\licenses.

8 Replies 8

mereyes
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Michael,

Let me look into this issue and reply to this post.

Thanks,
Merv Reyes

Acquisition Program Manager - Sourcefire

Hi Michael,

I think you have converted an existing ASA 555X sensor with SFR modules. You have a Virtual Defense center. For any sensor you need to first install "PROTECT+CONTROL" license on the DC.

You need to order the "ASA555x-CTRL-LIC=" PID, a PAK will be sent along with this PID. Upon registration of the PAK you will hash for "PROTECT+CONTROL" license.

Once you register the "PROTECT+CONTROL" license you should be able to add MALWARE and URLFilter.

Thanks,

V.Dhanasekaran (DD)

Business Analyst , SourceFire

I have L-ASA5545-TAMC= : Cisco ASA5545 FirePOWER IPS, Apps, AMP and URL Licenses, which should be Protect, Control, URL and Malware, but license files received from Cisco only contain Malware and URL.

Protect and control pak comes in the sealed envelope inside the ASA boxes.

We already had existing 5545-X appliances before FirePOWER was available, and we added the licensing after the fact just recently.

I think you have converted an existing ASA 555X sensor with SFR modules. For any sensor you need to first install "PROTECT+CONTROL" license on the DC.

You need to order the "ASA5545x-CTRL-LIC=" PID, a PAK will be sent along with this PID. Upon registration of the PAK you will hash for "PROTECT+CONTROL" license.

Once you register the "PROTECT+CONTROL" license you should be able to add MALWARE and URLFilter.

Yes, I was able to get it taken care of this morning.  By default the L-ASA5545-TAMC comes with the Control license, it was an oversight on Cisco's part and it was never sent.  The TAC engineer I worked with this morning corrected the oversight.  I received the license and applied it.

Thank you for the info!

Just posting to say you saved me a lot of time :) too used to receiving the licences by e-mail. Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card