Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding pre-configured FTD to FMC

cquiroz
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Community!!!

I have a question. I know how the process is to add a FTD into a FMC. The thing is that I don't want to lose the configuration that I have on the FTD because we have VPN S2S, SSL, NAT, Policies, and so on.

My question is, addin this device into the FMC will make my FTD to lose the configuration that it already has?

Or will the rules that it already has be passed on to the FMC?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

according to follow article. it is clearing firewall's configurations when adding to FMC. better do more research.

https://networkdirection.net/articles/firewalls/firepowermanagementcentre/fmcgettingstarted/

rate this and mark as answer if this solved your concern

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hi,

according to follow article. it is clearing firewall's configurations when adding to FMC. better do more research.

https://networkdirection.net/articles/firewalls/firepowermanagementcentre/fmcgettingstarted/

rate this and mark as answer if this solved your concern

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

Hello!

Yes, it deletes the configuration. I just wanted to double check before doing anything else since all the documentation that I found said  something like that. Thanks a lot for all your help!

Hello!

thanks a lot for your reply!

I was able to confirm it, it deletes the configuration. Thanks again!

@cquiroz if the FTD is already locally managed by FDM, then you need to convert to be managed by the FMC - you will lose the configuration, as there is currently no way to migrate from FDM to FMC.

To convert, run configure manager delete to remove the local management, then run configure manager add <FMC IP> <registration key> to define the FMC IP and registration key. You then need to register the device in the FMC.

Use this link for more information on resetting the FMC.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card