cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AIP-SSM 420002 - IPS requested to drop TCP packet from 'source' to 'destination'

trustcisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I have an asa 5510 with aip-ssm installed. I have a DMZ with security level 90 where a web server is located.

When AIP-SSM is in inline mode i get the following message 4    Oct 05 2010    14:37:15        WEB    80    x.x.x.x    30115    IPS requested to drop TCP packet from WEB-DMZ:WEB/80 to OUTSIDE:x.x.x.x/30115

From what i can see the message apears many times with source interface the WEB-DMZ and destination either outside,inside or other dmz interface depending of who is requesting access to the web server.

The result is that the web server isnt accessible either from outside or inside.

The syslog id that i am getting is the 420002 but i didn't find any logical explation of why this id is triggered.

Any help ?

Thanks.

16 Replies 16

By the way, can you check if there are any "blocked hosts" or "blocked networks" on your IPS sensor? That could be a reason why you are not getting logs though the IPS is requesting packets to be dropped.

Thanks and Regards,

Prapanch

No i don't have any blocked hosts or networks, the sensor is working fine now without denying any traffic... :/ , although this is good news i do not understand why the other signatures are not show on the IPS Manager...

Thanks for your help Prapanch.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card