Announcements

Views
Helpful
Replies
viorelspinu
Beginner

Alternative for Redundant Interface on FirePOWER

Hi,

I have  FirePOWER 2100 but I am using ASA code. I am migrating from ASA 5510 to FIrePOWER 2100.

In the previous setup, with ASA 5510, I have Redundant interfaces configured, but the FirePOWER 2100 does not support this kind of interfaces.

What can I use as an alternative to Redundant Interface?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Michael ONeil
Beginner

You can use a logical interface called port-channel. Port-channels or Ether-channels support up to 8 interfaces in the group (on the 2100). If you use 2 interfaces in the port-channel, you actually double your speed across that link. Should one link fail the other will be active and keep the connection up. 

In this platform the port-channel is setup in the FXOS. See:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/asa98/configuration/general/asa-98-general-config/interface-echannel.html

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Michael ONeil
Beginner

You can use a logical interface called port-channel. Port-channels or Ether-channels support up to 8 interfaces in the group (on the 2100). If you use 2 interfaces in the port-channel, you actually double your speed across that link. Should one link fail the other will be active and keep the connection up. 

In this platform the port-channel is setup in the FXOS. See:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/asa98/configuration/general/asa-98-general-config/interface-echannel.html

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

Hi Michael,

Sorry to respond so late. The setup is like in the diagram attached. Will the EtherChannel interface behave as Redundant ? 

If the port to FW1 will go down, will the EtherChannel use the second port to the FW2 ?

I will also test in lab.

Thank you for your response!

Thank you very much! The Ether-Channel is working !
Content for Community-Ad