cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyconnect Smart Card PIN issue

keithcclark71
Level 3
Level 3

I have setup and have working Anyconnect with Certificate only access with Remote User VPN. These certificates are on smart cards. When the initial connection is made I am prompted to enter the pin for the smart card which is what I want every single time to happen even on VPN disconnect\Reconnect. However when disconnecting the VPN then reconnecting the VPN there is no PIN entry necessary and it lets the cert be selected and connects. I have in the anyconnect profile "Do not save pin" to True. There was a bug on this long time ago and thought running latest 4.9.06037 Anyconnect would have this fixed. I have tried everything I cn think of and am at a loss and can't deploy to production like this. Anyone here have any experience with Smart Cards and this issue?

4 Replies 4

robert.ludwig
Level 1
Level 1

Are you still having this issue?  Do you use ActivClient on you client machines?

I have similar situation.  And Yes - i do have ActivClient.  So ???

Please what does active client have to do with it? I am having the problem even after clearing everything. I deleted the profile and restarted the machine but still same issue.

keithcclark71
Level 3
Level 3

I belive not reprompting for PIN on disconnect is by design. It is similar to how MS o365 works in that you are not prompted for login creds every time you want to open web portal to view email with o365. The anyconnect application so long as it remains open the session credentials appear to be saved and in case of the smart cards one still has to touch the sensor on vpn reconnect in my setup and not have to enter the PIN. If the anyconnect application is exited and relaunched users have to enter the pin and touch the smart card to login.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card