Oleg Volkov
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello, I have ASA with next interfaces:

inside, security level 100

outside, security level 0

wifi, security level 50

dmz1 security level 20

Ad have in dmz1 server, for example 10.10.10.2 and my outside interface Ip for example 128.10.10.2/27

I have nat (outside,dmz) source static any any destination static extstvip intsrvip 

where extsrvip is 128.10.10.3 and intsrvip 10.10.10.2 

but I want to use single dns for all, mysrv.mycompany.com a:128.10.10.3 and when WiFi users gone to https://mysrv.mycompany.com they go to outside IP and I added next translation:  nat(wifi,dmz1) source static wifinet wifinet destination static extsrvip intsrvip

This rule translate external Ip to real dmz ip and work fine .

but I want also allow WiFi users connect to webwpn to this Asa by outside Ip.

i try to added same translation like:

nat (WiFi,WiFi ) source static wifinet wifinet destination static outsideip WiFiinterfaceip

and enable webvpn on WiFi interface but it do not work.

what I do wrong :-) thank you!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Helping seriously ill children, all together. All information about this, is posted on my blog
2 Replies 2

Ashley Hare
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

Whilst you can terminate VPNs on any interface, I believe that you need to use the interface which is closest to the client.

In this instance, if your WiFi users are coming in on your WiFi interface then you would have to terminate on that IP. They would not be able to connect to webvpn on the outside interface.

If you're trying to amend a DNS response to the client, try adding the keyword 'dns' to the end of your NAT statement to doctor the DNS response back to the client for your outside interface.

The following article might help:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/asa-5500-x-series-next-generation-firewalls/72273-dns-doctoring-3zones.html#anc6

I understand this, but I use public DNS on WiFi segment and it resolve my vpn fqdn to outside IP , and I want to translate it to wifi interface but I have problem.

Other way - I can deploy dedicated DNS server for WiFi segment and use other A record for vpn fqdn but it not best way.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Helping seriously ill children, all together. All information about this, is posted on my blog
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card