Views
Helpful
Replies

anyconnect VPN Cisco secure desktop

suhas_syndrome
Level 1
Level 1

Hi experts,

i am using CSD Version 3.6.181 with Secure Vault enabled.

When i connects to anyconnect VPN Cisco secure desktop opens and i can access internal network resources.

But when i minimizes Cisco Secure Desktop (switch to local desktop) they can still connect to Internal network.

Requirement :

my security requirement is that i should be able to connect  internal network from within Cisco secure desktop only and they should not be able to access the same from local desktop.

Note :- ASA software version i am using is 8.3(2).

Regards

suhas

1 Reply 1

stojanr
Level 1
Level 1

From my experience with CSD, it provides a sandbox environment on your PC, which takes care of some predefined elements and allows you to leave no trace whatsoever of activity performed while working within CSD.

While this allows you to connect to your internal neworks while connected, it won't disallow connections from your local PC to the same networks, if this is what you want to do.

You could configure the Clientless SSL VPN Portal, to allow users to trigger the allowed applications only from there , thus disallowing direct connectivity.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card