cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyconnect VPN through Juniper SRX

David Pearson
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to setup Cisco anyconnect to terminate on an ASA through a juniper srx650, I currently use the older cisco client and that works fine. 

Does anyconnect use different ports?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Seb Rupik
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there,

AnyConnect will use UDP/443 and TCP/443 as a fallback. Check that both destination ports are allowed into the SRX zone that the ASA is positioned in.

cheers,

Seb.

View solution in original post

The traditional Cisco client for Remote Access VPN used ipsec and so you had to permit ports for isakmp and esp. By default the AnyConnect client does not ipsec but uses SSL and so the ports would certainly be different. As suggested in a previous response you would need to permit TCP and UDP 443.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Seb Rupik
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there,

AnyConnect will use UDP/443 and TCP/443 as a fallback. Check that both destination ports are allowed into the SRX zone that the ASA is positioned in.

cheers,

Seb.

Hi Seb,

I have been using the old cisco client for years and have been asked to get anyconnect up and working as we are moving to windows 10. If the same ports are used I would expect them to have just worked?

hmmm, well if you are not using webssl, perhaps you have AnyConnect over IKEv2. Can you share the crypto config from your ASA?

cheers,

Seb.

Hi Seb,

I am not currently using the webssl, if I test the on another prepord network/firewall, that does not go through the Juniper it works. hence the question about what ports are required for anyconnect.

Do you know of a best practice guide for anyconnect?

The traditional Cisco client for Remote Access VPN used ipsec and so you had to permit ports for isakmp and esp. By default the AnyConnect client does not ipsec but uses SSL and so the ports would certainly be different. As suggested in a previous response you would need to permit TCP and UDP 443.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Hi Seb,

Thanks for the help, I had not allowed 443.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card