cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyway to save and backup the ASA system configure in Multi-context mode?

m1xed0s
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi,

Just wonder how should I backup the system configuration in ASA Multi-context mode? I know "wr mem all" will save configuration for all the contexts but what about the system? I can not find the configuration of system in flash. I had to manually "show run" to save the configuration of system...

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

As of ASA 9.3(2) or later you can use the "backup" command. You would run it from the system execution space.

Syntax details including explanation of how it is handled in multi-context mode are described in the command reference here:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/asa-command-reference/A-H/cmdref1/b.html#pgfId-1441561

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

As of ASA 9.3(2) or later you can use the "backup" command. You would run it from the system execution space.

Syntax details including explanation of how it is handled in multi-context mode are described in the command reference here:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/asa-command-reference/A-H/cmdref1/b.html#pgfId-1441561

Thanks. That helps.

can I also ask where does ASA save the system configure in multi-context mode? Cannot find it under flash.

You're welcome.

I'm not positive on that last one and don't have a mulit-context ASA handy to check.

I am also stuck on this issue. Did you manage to backup system-execution space config?

An alternative if you are not running a version that has the backup command:

login to system context via cli, run "copy run flash:/systembkup-x-x-x

Login to asdm:

go to system context

Tools->file mgmt -> file transfer(Between local pc and flash)

Hit left facing arrow to copy your backup to your local pc

more system:running-config

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: