cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Are Cisco security certifications still in demand?

onkey89
Level 1
Level 1

Is it worth climbing the Cisco ladder for security or is it worth focusing on the cloud based certifications ladders such as the AWS ? I personally am interested in pen testing.maybe forensics. And still love my hardware . But alas outdated or dead end pathways. I'm a bachelor's student still so I have time to look around

UPD: THANK YOU ALL EVERY INPUT HELPED ME STOP FREAKING OUT AND ALSO SEE MORE POINTS OF VIEW SO VERY HELPFUL Y'ALL

2 Replies 2

its depend on your future plans. if you are planning to do consultation role, you need both certifications. but if you are planning to specialize in cloud, aws or azure will worth. for cyber sec area specializations, you can use cisco certs with some vendor neutral certs such as cissp. for network security, cisco security certs will help. also these are just starters and you may find more certifications in the road when you specializing things.

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

Cisco Security Certification is in high demand. I guess it depends which Geo location you in for example in my case when i done my CCNP-Cert in security I got a good pay rise in my second Job and once i get my CCIE sec i get double pay rise so yes its worth it. as @Kasun Bandara  mentioned you have to decide which path you need to take.

A word of advise. do what you like and do it in a way that you know the technology (which ever tech) you chose you need to become a master of it. learn it inside outside. world will be in your feets in this case.

please do not forget to rate.
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card