cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5500 QoS Connections

Dustin Barnett
Level 1
Level 1

What is a reasonable amount of connections to limit a host to?

I have a less than ideal scenario here, where a client is sharing his business internet with his home. I have QoS policing and priorites set up, but now I am wondering what I can set the connection limit to for the devices at home that are interrupting service during the work day.

Please don't suggest seperating the lines, I'm working on it...

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Shrikant Sundaresh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Dustin,

Its difficult to pull out a number without knowledge of the environment.

I would suggest monitoring the number of connections to the home ip during interruptions and normal times.

I think "show conn address " and "show local-host " sampled over a couple of days, should help in determining a good limit for the connections to allow smooth office time operation.

-Shrikant

P.S.: Please mark the question resolved, if it has been answered. Do rate helpful posts. Thanks.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Shrikant Sundaresh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Dustin,

Its difficult to pull out a number without knowledge of the environment.

I would suggest monitoring the number of connections to the home ip during interruptions and normal times.

I think "show conn address " and "show local-host " sampled over a couple of days, should help in determining a good limit for the connections to allow smooth office time operation.

-Shrikant

P.S.: Please mark the question resolved, if it has been answered. Do rate helpful posts. Thanks.

Thanks for the advice, I'll look at the average connections and see if I can adjust appropriately.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card