cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5500x IPS license to firepower license

pmlam3274
Level 1
Level 1

I recently attended a Cisco webcast and was told it is possible to get a free migration from the legacy IPS license to the firepower license if you have a 5500x series ASA.  Did anybody able to successfully getting the free conversion?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There's a Technology Migration Program offering which gives a discount for upgrades but I've not heard of any free migration offering.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There's a Technology Migration Program offering which gives a discount for upgrades but I've not heard of any free migration offering.

Thanks Marvin for responding to my question. can you tell me more about the tech migration program?  I would like to upgrade to the firepower module.             

You're welcome.

This isn't the proper forum to discuss terms and conditions of Cisco's offerings but, in general, TMP gives customers a discount and/or trade-in value on their existing equipment as a way of giving them additional incentive to migrate.

Your local reseller or Cisco Account Manager should be able to give you more details.

Hello, pmlam3274. 

Marvin is correct, it would be best to work with you Cisco representative to discuss the specifics of your IPS migration. Are you already working with one? Let me know if you have additional concerns or e-mail me directly (adawa@cisco.com). Kind regards. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card