cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5505 - drops inside interface on switch

andrew-mccabe
Level 1
Level 1

I wonder if anyone has seen this before...

I have a pair of 5505's in transparent mode and connected them to C2960S. The inside interface (which is VLAN5 on the switchport) keeps dropping, going in to error state. There is no log reference in the switch and the interface shows as UP. The standby ASA has no problem, both interfaces on the switch is up. As soon as I failover the units over, the active node inside interfaces drops. This is making absolutely no sense!

2 Replies 2

andrew-mccabe
Level 1
Level 1

One note is that a link flap was detected and the interface on the switch shutdown. Now the interface just stays "orange".

Hi Andrew,

Could you please provide the related interface configurations on the switch, and the full running configuration on the ASA?

Also, what are the logs generated on the ASA during the interface failing?

Configure logging on the 5505, and disconnect; wait 1 minute; and reconnect the inside interface cable.

It may cause a failover when you disconnect though. So maybe you could disable failover, when collecting these logs? Or not monitor the inside interface for failover during this period.

Please provide the logs collected as well.

-Shrikant

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: