Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5505 Firewall IOS Upgrade.

jawedparkar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are doing IOS upgrade for Cisco 5505 firewall. as per Cisco compatibility we can do IOS upgrade to the  9.2(2.4) but not to the 9.3(1.1).

i just want to know why we cant go for the latest?

and what is End of life for Cisco IOS 9.2(2.4) ans asa 5505.

Thank You.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jouni Forss
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I vaguely remember that the 9.2 is the last software supported on the ASA5505 model. I think the replacing model for ASA5505 is going to be ASA5506-X (or something like that). I would imagine that this device will support the newer softwares.

I don't think I have seen/found any EOL for the ASA5505 mode yet so I would imagine support for it (and related software) will still be around for some time. I could only see 8.4 software EOL/EOS notice and it seems that it will stop getting maintanance updates in the Q1 of 2016. I can't see anything for 9.2 and I would not make sense for such a new software.

- Jouni

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jouni Forss
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I vaguely remember that the 9.2 is the last software supported on the ASA5505 model. I think the replacing model for ASA5505 is going to be ASA5506-X (or something like that). I would imagine that this device will support the newer softwares.

I don't think I have seen/found any EOL for the ASA5505 mode yet so I would imagine support for it (and related software) will still be around for some time. I could only see 8.4 software EOL/EOS notice and it seems that it will stop getting maintanance updates in the Q1 of 2016. I can't see anything for 9.2 and I would not make sense for such a new software.

- Jouni

Thanks Jouni for the detail information.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card