Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5505 Not able to access internet and outside to DMZ servers

rajesh.yadla
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I need a help for real quick. I have configured the ASA 5505 for internet access and outside users to use two servers in the DMZ. Every thing is working fine. When I was configure VPN, I did some mistake I guess, now inside users are not able to access internet. They get an error

405. Thats an error.

The request method XXX is inappropriate for the URL /. Thats all we know.

Even I am not able to access the server in the DMZ from outside and I get an error :

Bad Request - Invalid Header

These things just happend after I did some thing on the ASA. I copy and pasted the my old configuration but still insider users are not able to connect to internet and from outside I am not ableto connect to server. The weired thing is that I can user VPN with out any issues. I can connect to vpn but I cant access any internal resources. Even inside users are able to ping internet addresses with out any issue. Quick help is really appriciated.

Please find the running config as below:

Result of the command: "sh run"

: Saved

:

ASA Version 7.2(3)

!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

varrao
Level 10
Level 10

Hi Rajesh,

Could you please tell what changes you made and could you please run this command and provide the output of:

packlet-tracer input inside tcp 192.168.35.50 2345 1.1.1.1 80 detailed

and also collect logs when you try access the internet, it will guide you better.

Thanks,

Varun

Thanks,
Varun Rao

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

varrao
Level 10
Level 10

Hi Rajesh,

Could you please tell what changes you made and could you please run this command and provide the output of:

packlet-tracer input inside tcp 192.168.35.50 2345 1.1.1.1 80 detailed

and also collect logs when you try access the internet, it will guide you better.

Thanks,

Varun

Thanks,
Varun Rao

rajesh.yadla
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Varun Rao,

Thank you for your reply. I have fixed this issue by making the ASA to Factory default settings and reconfiguring it. I did not know what did I do. Now this issue is fixed.

Regards,

Rajesh.Yadla

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card