Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5505 with 2 ISP's

arturo.ayala
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

Do you know if the ASA 5505 will allow the addition of a 2nd ISP to its config? I know the device is capable of doing this but I'm unsure about licensing. My ASA has a Security Plus license that allows for 25 VPN connections and up to 20 VLAN's. I just don't want to be surprised when we are ready to do the cut over and find that the ASA won't have any of it.

We are planning on making the new ISP the primary for our default route; however, before we make the switch, we want to only route a few users to the new ISP as a test. If everything works as it should, we'll switch the rest of the users to the new ISP and leave the other line as outside originating traffic only.

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

varrao
Level 10
Level 10

Hi Arturo,

You can definitely go for dual isp, if you do "show version", you should be able to see whether dual ISP license is enabled or not, but I guess with security plus it is definitely enabled.Here is a doc for dual ISP:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_configuration_example09186a00806e880b.shtml

But the issue would be, you cannot route some traffic through one ISP and some from the other, thats not supported on the ASA.

Thanks,
Varun Rao
Security Team,
Cisco TAC

Thanks,
Varun Rao

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

varrao
Level 10
Level 10

Hi Arturo,

You can definitely go for dual isp, if you do "show version", you should be able to see whether dual ISP license is enabled or not, but I guess with security plus it is definitely enabled.Here is a doc for dual ISP:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_configuration_example09186a00806e880b.shtml

But the issue would be, you cannot route some traffic through one ISP and some from the other, thats not supported on the ASA.

Thanks,
Varun Rao
Security Team,
Cisco TAC

Thanks,
Varun Rao

Thank you Varun! I'll have to do a live test then.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card