cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5506-X "Error connecting with SSL. EOF was observed that violates the protocol"

Dan Brook
Level 1
Level 1

We have an ASA 5506-X at a remote site. A few days ago we noticed from out monitoring (PRTG) that the HTTPS/SSL sensors had failed. Then we found that we were unable to get onto the ASA via HTTPS/ASDM.

PRTG is telling us "Failed to establish secure connection [Step 0] Error connecting with SSL. EOF was observed that violates the protocol..."

I can't find much about this error specifically for ASAs, Cisco, etc.

If anyone can offer any suggestion of a fix or how to begin troubleshooting the issue it would be appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mls577
Level 1
Level 1
This could be a bug, I'd first try restarting the device. If that doesn't fix it, report back.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

mls577
Level 1
Level 1
This could be a bug, I'd first try restarting the device. If that doesn't fix it, report back.

That's all I can try I think. I very cautious about doing so in case there are other issues with the device and it doesn't come back up. The firewall is in another hemisphere so I can't just run down there with a new one. I'll reply back once it's been rebooted.

Sounds good. Also I know the error you're receiving from prtg. I've experienced it when it tries a https sensor, and the ASA's ssl settings were on lower, weaker ciphers.

Well, a power outage on site has done the job for me. The ASA has booted back up and looks OK. I still don't know the reason for the error or why it stopped working so we are shipping a spare just in case.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: