Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5508X Firepower License

richard101
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

We have ASA Firepower 5508X and has been installed for 6 months now. I have just configured its Firepower but unlike my previous way of licensing it is somehow very different. Before is I just need to go to cisco/go/license but now I am having hard time licensing it. The license comes with the box when it arrived inside the envelope. Hope you could help me with the issue at hand. Always grateful to all of you. Many thanks.

1 Reply 1

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi

For firepower you need to have a smart account. If you don't have it go to https://software.cisco.com/software/csws/ws/platform/home?locale=en_US# and create an account.
Then if you have purchased all licenses, send an email to licensing@cisco.com and ask them to put all licenses into your smartaccount.
Once these steps are done, you can create a token on your smart portal that you'll need to put in your ftd and it will retrieve automatically all licenses based on all features you'll enable.

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: