cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5510 can support two MPLS link

syamkumar123123
Level 1
Level 1

I have customer with one ASA 5510 with one MPLS connection .They want to add one more MPLS link to the same ASA 5510.Is this possible to have two saparate MPLS link ? and both to be active/active to send and recive traffic to inside ? Please refer the diagarm attached for connection and IP details ? custmer want to know whether it is possible with present hardware ASA 5510 ? or he want to buy any additional licence to work it? or want to upgrade the ASA box to anyother level ?like ASA 5520 any configaration change wll accomadate this ?

3 Replies 3

Maykol Rojas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Yes you can add another one, yes they both can pass traffic at the same time. The problem comes in if you try to add a default gateway to the new link. That wouldnt work, the ASA can only have 1 default gateway.

You can have this new link for VPN or as a Backup ISP link only.

Just make sure you have a security plus license.

Cheers

Mike

Mike

Hi,

Please find the attched file.The customer wants to add one more link my question is sipmle

wether both interface can send and recive packets at same time like traffic from vlan1 can reply to vlan1.Traffice from vlan 2 can reply  back to vlan 2 from inside no load balancing.I NEED BOTH INTERFACE TO WORK AT SAME TIME.PLEASE ADVISE ME.FIND THE ATTCHED CONFIG.

Pls. read this document. You can replace dual ISP with dual MPLS.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-13015

There is something called tcp state bypass where we can send one packet of the flow out one interface and receive the response packet for the same flow via another interface.  By doing this you defeat the purpose of the firewall doing what it is supposed to do.  This will make all tcp traffic treated like udp traffic.

-KS

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card