Helpful
Replies

ASA 5510: Enabling a second DMZ

vitute2006
Level 1
Level 1

Hi:

I have just bought an ASA5510-AIP10-K9

(ASA 5510 Appliance with AIP-SSM-10, SW, 3FE, 3DES/AES) to implement perimeter security. I planned to use only 1 DMZ (plus internal and external interfaces) but things have changed, and now I need to implement a second DMZ. The ASA-5510 has 4 ports in-built but mine only 3 are available. How can I enable the fourth port (2nd DMZ)? Someone told me about a license, but I do not find info about it. Please help me.

3 Replies 3

gfullage
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The 5510 with a base license has only 3 ports enabled. You need to purchase a "Security Plus" license to enable the 4th and 5th ports.

You can either contact your resellar, partner or Cisco direct and they will be happy to sell you one :-) Not sure of the part number off hand.

You can see the difference between the base license and the SecPlus license on the data sheet here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/prod_models_comparison.html

I found this license:

ASA5510-SEC-PL (ASA 5510 Security Plus License w/ A/S HA, more VLANs + conns)

Could you confirm it is OK?

Do you know how to activate this license in ASA?

Is there some procedure to do it?

Yep, that's looks like the right one. Basically when you purchase this you'll be given a new activation key, which you enter using the "activation-key" command in the ASA. Once that is entered you'll be running a SecPlus license.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card