cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5510 versin 8.4

chigumbab
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys how do i enable port forwarding on the CLI for ASA 5510. outside subnet is 192.168.1.0/27. when i try to ping another IP with that range i can't access.

37 Replies 37

Hi Varun

Confirm the command, is it

show cao capo or something else. I don't this

Varun, quick question, why is it that when you go sh access-group you only see the last access-group statement you typed? Does it mean if you entered 8 access-group statements they won't be effective?

Can you explain me with an example???

Remember on one interface in one direction you can only ap[ply one access-group, whicvh means, if you have an access-group:

access-group test in interface inside

and then you add:

access-group test_acl in interface inside

The second would replace the first access-group, and that is wat I guess you are experiencing.

Hope this helps

Thanks,

Varun

Thanks,
Varun Rao

Exactly that is what am experiencing. remember my setup. The last access-group statement for a server works fine i will be able to access the server from the internet . So in my case how can i work around this. I have 9 servers behind the firewall and i would like to allow traffic in via the outside interface to the servers behind the firewall. The traffic has to be on spefic ports  if that's possible.

Hi Chigumbab,

First create 9 access-lists like this:

access-list out_in permit tcp any host 10.0.4.2 eq www

access-list out_in permit tcp any host 10.0.4.3 eq 3389

access-list out_in permit tcp any host 10.0.4.4 eq 443

access-list out_in permit tcp any host 10.0.4.9 eq 22

and then apply all the 9 acl's to one access-group only.

access-group out_in in interface outside

thats it, you do not need to create an access-group for each acl, just one is required.

Hope this was helpful

Thanks,

Varun

Thanks,
Varun Rao

Thank you so much i had already started doing that. Thank you so much, you have been very helpful.

Varun, thank you so much man. My ASA in now working fine.

I just need to ask one more thing, i tried to enable ping requests and traceroute and i used the following commands but it's not working.

access-list outside_in_acl permit icmp any any echo-reply

access-list outside_in_acl permit icmp any any time-exceeded

access-group outside_in_acl in interface outside

Anything i should add or configure? Thank you man.

Hi Chigumbab,

I am sorry I was Out of station so couldnt reply earlier

I would suggest we first troubleshoot the ping issue, are you pinging from inside to outside. Can you provide me the output of:

show run nat

show run route

show run access-group

show run access-list outside_in_acl

For the traceroute, here is a doc how to configure it:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_tech_note09186a0080094e8a.shtml#intro

Hope this was useful.

Thanks,

Varun

Thanks,
Varun Rao
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card