Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5516 w/ Firepower Services Smart License

cmoralesh83
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

I'm on the verge to integrate an ASA 5516x w/ Firepower Services with FMC, and I have 2 questions regarding this task.

1.- The FMC Version es 6.2.2 and the one on the ASA is 6.2.0, are these 2 versions compatible for integration?

2.- Presently the ASA is Licensed with classic licensing (from a PAK), do i require to convert this license to smart license to acomplish this integration?

Thanks in advance for the support.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1. Yes they are compatible. FMC 6.2.2 can manage sensors at version 6.0 or later. It would be a good idea to upgrade all to the current release though. (6.2.2.1 as of right now)

2. You still use PAK-based licensing but you will need to rehost the licenses onto your FMC. Smart licensing currently only applies to FTD-based devices in this context.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1. Yes they are compatible. FMC 6.2.2 can manage sensors at version 6.0 or later. It would be a good idea to upgrade all to the current release though. (6.2.2.1 as of right now)

2. You still use PAK-based licensing but you will need to rehost the licenses onto your FMC. Smart licensing currently only applies to FTD-based devices in this context.

Hello,

I have a Cisco ASA 5516 with FirePOWER Services and a FMC 1000. I purchased a license L-ASA5516-TAM=. When I got the PAK I converted it to smart License. Now I can not get my FirePOWER module licensed althout My licenses are available on my smart account. Please can you help me?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card