Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5520 GNS3 DHCP Relay

All,

I am currently working on a lab the issues i am having is with using an external dhcp server.

I know the server is reacahle becasue the same server is also being used for LDAP for ACS 5.4 for all vpn users. ACS server is in the Inside and DHCP server is in the DMZ.

I can not able to get the setup to work properly i am trying to set it up so when users login in vpn anyconnect client the address is given to the client via an external dhcp server which is in the DMZ.

If i configure the vpn address to be given from a local pool it working with no issues.

I have configured.

dhcprelay enable outside

dhcpreplay setroute outside

dhcprelay server 192.x.x.x DMZ

vpn-address-assign dhcp

is there anything else i can try. ASA is running 8.4 (2)

I kep getting a msg no IPAA: DHCP configured, no viable servers found for tunnel-group which i do have configured.

Also wireshark capture on the server shows no DHCPDiscover coming in or DHCPOffers being sent out.

1 Reply 1

Never mind solved the issues setup started working after i removed the dhcp relay commands after dhcp relay statistics showed no packets being sent. Dhcp server is listed under the tunnel-group.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card