cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5525-X Random Failover / asdm log showing " Module sfr , Application down "ASA Firepower version 6.2.0.2-51" Snort health check failure

Hi,

I have  a pair ASA 5525-X with firepower services module in Active / Standby HA. Recently we found that the primary ASA randomly fails over to the secondary unit and shows the error "Module sfr , Application down "ASA Firepower version 6.2.0.2-51" Snort health check failure. Please let me know whether anyone had this issue before.

Thanks and Regards

Shabeeb

8 Replies 8

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

How often does it happen?

Are there manual or automatic deployments going on at the time? If there are, that will restart Snort process and cause what you see.

If there are not, it could be module / ASA issue. What ASA version are you running?

paullacap_25
Level 1
Level 1

Did you ever get a clear response to this? I'm currently having the same problem

Pair of ASA 5508 running 9.9(1)

Firepower Extensible Operating System Version 2.3(1.54)

Hi,
the response was "update sfr".
We couldn't upgrade to the actual version. The update failed several times.
The only way was to delete srf. Now after installing 6.2.3.1-43 everything runs.

I too am having the same problem, with my FMC and sensors on 6.2.3

I've just been advised to update the firepower appliance. Will let you
know if it makes a difference.

I have the same problem 

Aug 23 2018 17:03:57: %ASA-1-505014: Module sfr, application down "ASA FirePOWER", version "6.2.3.1-43" Snort health check failure

Aug 23 2018 17:03:57: %ASA-1-104001: (Primary) Switching to ACTIVE - Service card in other unit has failed.

Aug 23 2018 17:03:57: %ASA-1-104002: (Secondary) Switching to STANDBY - Other unit wants me Standby. Primary unit switch reason: Service card in other unit has failed.

My ASA is running in CTX mode and the version is 9.8.(2)20

ASA 5545

Did the update make any difference? what version did you update to? 

Thanks 

gbrodt
Level 1
Level 1

Backup, reimage and update to fix an issue. Restored the firepower backup and this problem occurred.  2nd try also failed. Was told to update and reimage and restore. Failed. Now reimage and update and manual restore of config and lic.  THIS IS BAD. It all started with a different issue of sfr going up and down. TAC (Jorge) want  an update in place (6.2.3-17) to fix the other up down issue. Weeks have gone by with no real fix. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card