Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5585-X quote

Hi,

I´m trying to make a quote for one ASA 5585-X with SSP 10. For the moment this ASA will be only used to establish a VPN connection with another central ASA, thus, monitoring the traffic is not a requirement and I wouldn´t need the FirePOWER hardware module. My question is if a configuration only with the SSP module, like in in the image01, is possible??

Since in the Cisco ordering guide there are only these two options...

ASA5585-S10F10-K9 -> ASA 5585-X chassis with SSP-10, FirePOWER SSP-10, 16GE, 4GE mgmt, 1 AC, 3DES/AES

ASA5585-S10F10XK9 -> ASA 5585-X chassis with SSP-10, FirePOWER SSP-10, 16GE, 4SFP+, 2 AC, 3DES/AES

... I guess that only a configuration like in the image02 is only possible. 

I really would appreciate your help. Many thanks in advance.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Marco,

You can build a valid configuration without the FirePOWER hardware module. The SKU you would use is "ASA5585-S10-K9". I verified it myself just now in CCW.

The Cisco Partner Help Desk is a good place to check for assistance with pre-sales tasks.

Presales Support

For personal attention,

Cisco certified partners

can open a web case with

Partner Help at:

http://www.cisco.com/go/ph

Partners will be asked to

provide their Cisco

user ID when opening

a web case.

View solution in original post

You're welcome.

You can add

ASA5585-NM-8-10GE
ASA 5585-X Half Width Network Module with 8 SFP+ ports

...but you are probably better off-price-wise to use the bundle with the FP10 module.

Also don't forget you need to add Security Plus license to enable 10 Gbps ports on 5585-10 and -20 models.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Marco,

You can build a valid configuration without the FirePOWER hardware module. The SKU you would use is "ASA5585-S10-K9". I verified it myself just now in CCW.

The Cisco Partner Help Desk is a good place to check for assistance with pre-sales tasks.

Presales Support

For personal attention,

Cisco certified partners

can open a web case with

Partner Help at:

http://www.cisco.com/go/ph

Partners will be asked to

provide their Cisco

user ID when opening

a web case.

Hi Marvin,

Thanks a lot for your answer. I forgot to add in my question that I need two SPF+ cages for 10G speeds, so apparently I only have the ASA5585-S10F10XK9 option in CCW.

Thanks also for your advice, I´ll consider the Cisco Partner Help Desk next time.

Cheers

You're welcome.

You can add

ASA5585-NM-8-10GE
ASA 5585-X Half Width Network Module with 8 SFP+ ports

...but you are probably better off-price-wise to use the bundle with the FP10 module.

Also don't forget you need to add Security Plus license to enable 10 Gbps ports on 5585-10 and -20 models.

A possibility is to add a ASA5585-NM-4-10GE= and in this way you can save money. But, is there a half slot tray to cover the remaining gap??

Many thanks again :)

Yes. When you specify a half-width card, CCW will automatically add "ASA5585-BLANK-HD" to cover the open slot.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card