cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA and remote access

Dave Kozlowski
Level 1
Level 1

Want to setup a ASA 5520 for remote access.

If I want to test all services do I have to list each one, or is there a service that will reflect all services

Or

What service would I use for RDP from the wan to the lan?

Thanks

Dave

5 Replies 5

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you talking about AnyConnect client-based remote access or clientless SSL VPN? You use different approaches for those and each requires a license on the ASA (AnyConnect Essentials or Premium).

Marvin,

I would either like to open a desktop connection put in a natted IP address and get to a server.

or

use Anyconnect and get the a lab backbone.

which ever would be the least intrusive and easiest to do?

Thanks

Dave

Hi,

I think one way of doing it is from IPSEC remote access client, connect to FW using IPSEC client ( don't think you need special license, but not sure) and then you can RDP to server.

If you have an ASA and no existing remote access VPN and the requirement is to reach a server or two behind the firewall, I'd say NATting the lab server(s) with an incoming access-list would be easiest.

If you want to access an indeterminate number of lab devices on varying TCP ports, then a remote access VPN would be easiest. If it's just for occasional use by 1-2 users, then you can use the free AnyConnect premium 2-user license.

You could also use the old Cisco IPsec VPN client (no license required at either client or ASA end); but that's being deprecated and doesn't officially support Windows 8 or other modern OS versions.

Thanks will work on this solution this week.  One other question.

For services. If I want to add all services, do I have to list each one?

Thanks

Dave

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card