cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA crash with OSPFv3 in startup config?

Bo Urskov
Level 1
Level 1

Hi...

My ASA 5505 at home running 9.2(1) is having some strange issues running OSPFv3. I've configured OSPFv3 and everything is happy happy, but then I reloaded the device for some other reason , and now it keeps crashing on boot up, restarts and the loop goes on forever... It seems from the crashinfo, that the culprit is indeed the OSPFv3 process

: Saved_Crash

Thread Name: OSPFv3-6 Router
Page fault: Address not mapped

--- output omitted ---

So, I entered ROMMON, set the config register to 0x41 and got it to a clean config. Then I did a copy startup-config running-config and boom - the ASA crashed once again with the same crashinfo...

Next I copied the startup config to a tftp server, removed the following from the config, and copied it back to the ASA

ipv6 router ospf 6
 router-id 10.0.0.2
 passive-interface default
 no passive-interface outside-ipv6
 no passive-interface DMZ
 no passive-interface INSIDE
 log-adjacency-changes
!

Then I reloaded after changing the config register back to normal, and the ASA is booting fine. Once up and running I applied the OSPFv3 router config again and it is still running and OSPFv3 is working as expected. Just to challenge my luck, I reloaded once again with the updated config, and it crashes…

So the config is running if entered AFTER boot, but if it’s in the startup-config it crashes!?

Anybody? :)

Cheers

Bo Urskov

0 Replies 0
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card