cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA CX module installation problem

Free Bird
Level 1
Level 1

We recently purchased a license i.e. ASA 5512-X CX Application Visibility and Control

As part of the process we had to install ASA-CX module ; We caught up in trouble while doing that.

As per the manuals , we did upgrade the ASA software (to 9.1.2) along with the ASDM.

but the problem arised when we did the following :

sw-module module cxsc recover configure image disk0:FILENAME.bin

the console accepted the command but didnt return any output.

and the following command after the upper one i.e. :

sw-module module cxsc recover boot

the console returns "Storage device not found.  Install drive and try again"

we arent sure if there could be any relevancy with the SSD ; as the ASA 5512-X comes with SSD inside it.
Help is appreciated.

Thanks

4 Replies 4

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What does "show module" output tell you is the current state of the cxsc module?

What image are you using for boot? (Something like asacx-5500x-boot-9.1.2-42.img would be what we expect.)

I dont have the access of the firewall at the moment,  so 'show module' i cant have it right now

but yeh the image name that you specified , thats what i put in there.

there are the few errors that i remember I encounted during the whole setup.

"unable to reset module cxsc. it does not have a software image installed"

When you get back online with the ASA, check "show module". You are looking for it to show status "No Image Present".

With that status verified, then issuing the "recover configure" command above while specifying a boot image (must be the bootstrap image - not the main one without the word "boot" in the filename) should result in you being able to execute the "recover boot" command.

You should get prompts asking to confirm erasing all data and configurations.

My asa5585x-ssp10 cx module will not boot automatically.  It keeps going into rommon mode but if I type "boot", then it will boot into the system image.  Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card