Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA-Failover

chhayheng
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Expert,

I meet one issue regarding Failover Switch-Over.
When my ASA-Primary down, it will ASA-Secondary take over on ASA-Primary.Then when ASA-Primary up back, ASA-Secondary still as Active.
Do you have any idea to advice how to make Primary to be Active when its come up without set manually. 

Best Regards,
Chhayheng

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Preemption is for Active/Active failover. For Active/Standby failover you have to change roles manually. As both units are the same model, there is no functional benefit from automatically changing the active role back to the primary unit.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Traian Bratescu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

It can be done in failover group:

preempt

To cause the unit to become active on boot if it has the higher priority, use the preempt command in failover group configuration mode. To remove the preemption, use the no form of this command.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/asa-command-reference/I-R/cmdref2/p3.html#pgfId-2174046

Traian

Preemption is for Active/Active failover. For Active/Standby failover you have to change roles manually. As both units are the same model, there is no functional benefit from automatically changing the active role back to the primary unit.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card