cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA Firepower Licenses no longer detected.

Infuscomus
Level 1
Level 1

I have ASA Firepower Licenses valid for about 2 more years + the infinite control license.

Suddenly, none of them are being detected anymore.

If I check the licenses section all show as installed and with expiration date of 2019.

But most of the rules in the Firepower Access Control Policy have a red mark on them stating "Error, this requires a license but the devices has no license" (see attachment). 

If I try to edit any of the rules, I get stopped by an error saying the license problem must be fixed before new rules can apply.

What can I do to fix this ?

And are my old rules working or are they automatically disabled if the license is not detected ?

7 Replies 7

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Check your device under Device Management. Let us know if you can (re)apply the licenses from that section of the UI.

Generally, once a policy set has been successfully deployed to a sensor it will run until it's replaced with a new or modified one.

Hello.

Under Device Management --> Device I have nothing related to licensing. I can see 3 things: General (can alter the name), Advanced (can alter application bypass) and System (can restart the system). 

Where exactly can I disable and re-enable a license ?

Please confirm your FMC version and, if it is any version prior to 6.x, that the FMC is licensed. 

Under the device details you should see a section like the following:

Under system, similar to your screenshot, I have version 6.1.0.

But there is no license section.

It appears your device registration is corrupted.

I would recommend opening a TAC case - they can best assist interactively by going under the covers and checking some system files from the cli.

It was a bug that prevented licensing from working after 213 days (some counter limitation bug).

Temporary solution:

Restarting the FW resets the counter and makes licenses visible again.

Permanent solution:

Firepower update.

Jetsy Mathew
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello team,

First of all check if the license are still available in Sytsem > License page. If so try enabling and disabling in the Device Managment > Devices and save the changes.

Regards

JETSY 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card