Visites
Compliment
Réponses

ASA Firepower Module managment via ASDM

Darren Frowen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

We have a pair of ASA5525-X with Firepower Module. I am trying to manage the device via ASDM as we do not have VMWare to manage the devices. As normal with ASA i racked and powered on and formed HA between two appliances. I have remote access so just a couple of rules and  NAT statements.

I then decide to start and look at the Firepower Module, i session in and accept the ULA and configure the basic settings from the Module via SSH, IP MAsk and GW on the same network as i have the inside interface. I log out and the ASA can ping both the Managment IP's of the Firepower Modules. This is where i think there is a problem. According to the documentation, I should then be able to browse via ASDM to the Licensing but i cannot see anything other than the status tab on the Home screen, certainly no " Configuration > ASA FirePOWER Configuration > Licenses and clicking Add New License.

Configuration > ASA FirePOWER Configuration > Licenses and clicking Add New License.

I have rebooted and tried to reset the module to try and start again but still nothing and the reset function doesn't seem to work at all to factory reset the module. I also tried going through the startup Wizard but the Firepower Step9 of 12 doesn't appear.  

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/quick_start/5500X/5500x_quick_start.html#pgfId-131978

Can anyone advise what i may be doing wrong?

Regards

Darren

6 RÉPONSES 6

Darren Frowen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

Ok so the penny drops that i won't see the Sourcefire tabs as the 5525X i received is only running 5.4.0. Correct me if i am wrong, with 5.4 you are unable to manage the sfr module until version 6.X. I need to first upgrade to version 6.X. I will be doing this on Monday. Bearing in mind that i have a noncompatible version for local management and I'm going up to a local management version 6.X is it only the two following packages i need for the upgrade?

asasfr-5500x-boot-6.1.0-330.img

asasfr-sys-6.1.0-330.pkg

Regards

Jetsy Mathew
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Darren,

Could you please verify that you finished the sfr installation with both pkg and .img files.

If so , as a next step could you please check, if the ASA FirePOWER Status tab is present by clicking the Home icon in the ASDM .

Is it only the ASA FirePOWER Reporting tab and the ASA FirePOWER Dashboard are missing ?

Correct me if my understanding about the issue is not correct.

Regards

Jetsy 

Hi Jetsy,

Sorry for the delay, all went well in the end, once i upgraded to the 6.1 version, went through the setup of the SFR module i could then see all the tabs in ASDM.

Regards

Hello Darren,

That means the issue was with the upgrade. When the upgrade done properly , the issue got resolved. 

Feel free to write to support forums.

Rate and mark correct the helpful posts.

Regards

Jetsy 

Yes correct, thanks for your repsonse. Just my lack of experience of the new Firepower Module Jetsy

Hello Darren,

Feel free to write to support forums . We are here to help you.

Regards

Jetsy 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card