Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA HSRP and failover mode issue

prem.ce24
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Team,

1 issue:-> I have 2 cisco asa5585 when i have configuration regular failove link between these 2 asa management IP address of secondary asa aslo changing to as primary asa mgmt ip address i need separate mgmt ip address for both asa but both asa also need to configure in failove mode.

So please suggest solution for same.

2 issue:-> is it possible to configure hsrp between to asa interface in failover mode.

Please suggest solution for same also.

Thanks & Regards,

Prem Prakash

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Boris Uskov
Level 4
Level 4

Hello, 

1 issue. If I understand the question correct, you need to have separate IP-addresses on Management interfaces of ASAs. If so, you need to configure on Active ASA according to the following example

interface Management0/X

ip address 172.16.1.1 255.255.255.0 standby 172.16.1.2

So that the Active ASA will be available on Management interface through 172.16.1.1 and Standby ASA through 172.16.1.2.

2 issue: HSRP is not supported by ASA. But if you have Active/Standby failover, what is the purpose of HSRP between ASA's interfaces?

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Boris Uskov
Level 4
Level 4

Hello, 

1 issue. If I understand the question correct, you need to have separate IP-addresses on Management interfaces of ASAs. If so, you need to configure on Active ASA according to the following example

interface Management0/X

ip address 172.16.1.1 255.255.255.0 standby 172.16.1.2

So that the Active ASA will be available on Management interface through 172.16.1.1 and Standby ASA through 172.16.1.2.

2 issue: HSRP is not supported by ASA. But if you have Active/Standby failover, what is the purpose of HSRP between ASA's interfaces?

Hello,

Thanks for Support

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card