Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA phone Proxy

Greeting All

With ASA phone proxy, we setup a nat (one-to-one) with tftp address of the Publisher, however when a phone got it`s config file , it will have the private ip of the CallManager !!!

How can we solve that

any ideas please

Thanks

5 Replies 5

Allen P Chen
Level 5
Level 5

It sound like there is a misconfiguration in your phone proxy configuration.  Here are some sample configurations:

ASA 8.0

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-5704

ASA 8.2

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-8165

Have you checked your configuration against the samples?

Hope this helps!

Thanks Allen

Can you please provide more info why we need DNS and i case if i`m only using the ip address for the CCM do i still need DNS for that

Thanks

Some people configure their Call Managers by hostname instead of IP address.  If hostname is used, then name resolution will need to be configured on the ASA.  Otherwise, the ASA will not be able to associate the hostname with any IP address.

You can check to see if the Call Manager  server is configured by hostname by going to the Call Manager and under  "System->Server" and press the "Find" button to display the Call  Manager description. It will show an IP address or a Hostname.

If your Call Manager is configured via IP, then DNS is not needed.

I`m actually able to register the phone from the outside network but the problem is that in the phone config i still see the private ip of the CallManager in the device configuration but if i reset the phone (delete the config) i can now register the phone

The CTL is uploaded and looks fine but for the audio it`s only from the inside to the outside but only silence from the outside to the inside

with show phone secure-phones on the asa i can see my remote phone but the output of

show phone signalling-sessions it`s empty as well as show phone media-sessions

Any thoughts !!!

Thx

Hi,

I am actually new on this phone proxy thing, would you please paste your phone proxy settings? I am not quite sure if the ASA is able to override the IP on the configuration of the phone... also, if you could please put a capture on the ASA... to check the config file that is being sent to the Phone that would be great.

Cheers

Mike

Mike
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card