cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA Problem - ERROR: Address X.X.X.X overlaps with outside interface address - Cannot PAT Inside network

Hello all,

I am trying to used PAT here on the outside interface of my ASA in GNS3.

Topology.PNGI am constantly being met with this problem:

Problem.PNGHere I am trying to do Auto-NAT. I have a network object named INSIDE-NETWORK with the subnet 10.0.0.0/24. I created a network object with the host 192.168.122.166 so I can PAT to the NAT Cloud.

Routing is good, have a setroute to NAT Cloud, ASA can ping Google. I always have this issue in GNS3. I have a homelab where everything works, but I don't know why this issue keeps occurring.

Does anyone know why I am getting this ERROR? I have tried Manual NAT before and there is still an issue. I do this command in INSIDE-NETWORK network object.

nat (inside,outside) dynamic OUTSIDE-POOL

Any help is appreciated.

2 Replies 2

Ajay Saini
Level 7
Level 7

Hello,

I guess the object that you created for PAT ip (192.168.122.166) is the outside interface ip of ASA.

Rather than using the ip address for PAT, you should use the keywork 'interface' in that case.

nat (inside,outside) dynamic interface 

Ref link:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/asa94/config-guides/cli/firewall/asa-94-firewall-config/nat-basics.html#ID-2090-00000438

-

HTH

AJ

Nope, unfortunately it didn't work. I am almost certain that this is either a GNS3 or ASAv bug. This isn't uncommon. I'll just leave it as it is.

Like I mentioned, I have no problem with the same configs in my home-lab.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card