Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA SIP Inspection

Mokhalil82
Level 4
Level 4

Hi

I have a site which has a core switch connected to an ASA on a stick, so all traffic to the site passes through the core switch to the asa.

The core switch has 2 voice gateways attached. After introducing additional users to the network, we have started to have voice issues where calls drop. I have diverted the new users to a different gateway the all works fine so issue is load related.

None of the links are anywhere near fully saturated and there are no packet drops on the ports.

Is it possible the ASA is dropping some traffic?

Will disabling SIP and skinny inspection help?

Or i am thinking of temporaily moving the voice gateway from the firewall to the core switch.

Issue could be on the voice gateway but first im trying to rule out the networking aspect

Thanks

3 Replies 3

nspasov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The ASA could definitely be the problem. You can try disabling SIP inspection but then you will have to make sure that you allow the traffic from Outside to Inside of your network. Also, make sure that you are either not doing NAT on the sip traffic or if you are make sure that it is correct. 

Thank you for rating helpful posts!

Thanks Neno I will take a shot at disabling the inspection and including the allow rules. I have not NAT for the SIP traffic.

Sounds good. Let us know how it goes. 

Thank you for rating helpful posts!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card