Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA to FTD Reimage License Requirement?

j.forget
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Purchased two 2140 appliances with ASA software and now want to convert to FTD.  Found the reimage instructions below, but is there any licensing needed?  I do not see anything in the instructions and want to be sure before starting the work.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/quick_start/reimage/asa-ftd-reimage.html#id_51511

2 Replies 2

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There is a no cost FTD base permanent license that will allow you to do basic ACLs, NAT, routing etc.

If you want to use the IPS, URL Filtering or Advanced Malware Protection (AMP) features they each have license requirements. Remote Access VPN also requires AnyConnect licenses.

Generally you will want to use a Firepower Management Center (FMC) server to manage the devices and their policies. FMC is separately licensed and runs on it's own server.

Thank you.  I understand as I left the other licenses out of the conversation.  It was just the conversion portion I was wondering about.  Again thank you for your help with this.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card