Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA VPN Problem

NetworkMonkeys
Level 1
Level 1

We have a rather simple setup:

An ASA 5510 is at our administration building. The 5510 connects to several 5505's using site to site IPSec VPN at our operations buildings, because the 5510 is connected to our Domain Controller. We recently had to redo one of our 5505 units because the internal VLAN needs to be on a seperate IP range (Example, main standard of IP distros from our domain is 172.20.x.x and the remote site has to remain 192.168.1.x as well as not being on the domain). The site to site vpn connected fine, people within our building directly connected to the network can access the computers off the domain on the 192.168 range perfectly.

The problem lies in the fact that our remote access vpn clients once connected to the 5510 cannot access the 192.168 computers like the locally connected computers can. The other computers connected to our 5505's seem to have issues connecting to it as well. Is there something on the new 5505 I need to setup in order to let all these guys connect? All I did was make sure the site to site VPN was connected, nothing else really.

1 Reply 1

Maykol Rojas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mark,

But this 192.168.x.x Network is behind one of the ASA 5505s right? The one you re-did. Well, it may be some configuration left, I would say a U-Turn configuration since the VPN client is going to connect to the 5510 and then reach out the 5505 out of the same interface.

I would need to see the configuration of the 5510, 5505 and a topology to have it clear.

Mike

Mike
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card